Morris & Morris strives to provide high quality and efficient legal services to businesses and individuals who need the expertise of successful trial specialists.
Morris & Morris delivers the quality of litigation representation that our clients expect, and we do so with a commitment to personal service. Our success rate in state and federal courtrooms throughout the mid-Atlantic region has attracted the attention of some of the largest and most influential companies in the world, as well as individuals and local companies both small and large.
News & Events
- Under the Fourth Circuit’s newly adopted negligence standard, employers will need to be mindful of the conduct of third parties, including the employer’s vendors, clients and others who may interact with employees, in order to avoid potential liability under Title VII.
- Lex Dunn has been asked to speak at the 2014 International Client Seminar hosted by ALFA International in Miami. His presentation is designed for in-house counsel and will address ethics that arise in a corporate setting. These issues can be both routine and subtly insidious. His focus will be on avoiding ethical pitfalls.
- Nerissa N. Rouzer and Melissa Y. York are co-chairs of the 2014 Virginia State Bar Young Lawyer’s Conference Annual Bench Bar Dinner celebrating Women and Minorities in the Legal Profession.
- More News & Events
What People Are Saying
- U.S. News - Best Lawyers® has recognized Morris & Morris as a Tier 1 firm in the following practice areas for 2014: Commercial Litigation, Product Liability Litigation – Defendants, Insurance Law, and Personal Injury Litigation – Defendants. Philip B. Morris was selected as the 2014 Richmond Lawyer of the Year for personal injury litigation-defendants. The firm would also like to congratulate D. Cameron Beck, Matthew D. Green, Lauren E. Hutcheson, James W. Morris, III, and Michael R. Ward for being selected individually by their peers for inclusion in the publication.
- The Firm was recognized in the 2014 edition of Benchmark Litigation—the definitive guide to America’s leading litigation firms and attorneys. The firm was singled out for excellence in both civil litigation and products liability. One peer of the firm was quoted as saying, “Morris & Morris is a great firm that competes only for Virginia-based business and has a solid book of it. They are a great alternative to the Richmond firms who have more national ambitions and charge accordingly.” Another peer stated, “I’ve known these guys for a while and they are as good as anybody at trying cases, and they have the hometown advantage with the judges, a great benefit.”
- Virginia Lawyers weekly recognized Philip B. Morris, James W. Morris, D. Cameron Beck, Jr., Lawrence A. Dunn and Michael R. Ward as 2013 Super Lawyers and Matthew D. Green, Joseph M. Moore, Lauren E. Hutcheson, Grant E. Kronenberg, Antoinette Morgan Walker, and Missy York as 2013 Rising Stars. Furthermore, James W. Morris was also named in the Top Ten Virginia Lawyers.